Belgium Hi-Power Magazines

reclino

Inactive
My Belgium Hi-power from AIM surplus came with three magazines, Two of them are black parkerized and have three witness holes in the back. The third is black teflon painted and has no witness holes. The markings on the painted magazine are
BELGIUM - 9mm NATO/LUGER
Is this magazine made by FN, I paid a premium for the third magazine with this gun and I am begining to think it is not made by FN as AIM stated.
Problems with the mag are minor but noticible, it was the only one that was beat up enough on the floor plate to be impossible to remove the floor plate to clean the mag. A few love taps with a hammer and a small punch fixed that. The floor plate moves around alot as the spring base/locking tab is not perfectly sized to the mag. Also I can see a slight difference in the way the feed lips were formed.
Does anyone know if FN changed the way they make mags at some point, and I may just have a few early model and one late model mags, or is this some aftermarket mag made in Belgium.
David

The only magazines that I've seen without witness holes are Original Pachmayrs and those magazines are stamped on the side and are made of stainless steel. That third mag sound like some cheapy that are available in stacks at any given gunshow. Look at the seam and the quality of the weld. Then compare the feed lips and the definition of the magazine body where the metal is bent. That should tell you if the magazines is the same as the other two. Best test is to go and shoot some rounds.

Lots of people made mags for the HP all over the world, and most of them work just fine. Have several parkerized ones w no witness holes at all and they work perfectly. Most of the FN mags for the last few yrs were made by MecGar in Italy anyway IIRC?

For function, they are fine. If it is the collectors value you are concerned about, may make a difference.

------------------
>>>>---->

Back