Behordenmodell by J P Sauer & Sohn

JSRIII

Inactive
I am trying to find information on a WWII bring back. My father was a Master Sergeant in the 2nd and 7th Armored during the war and was able to issue paperwork that allowed GI's to bring back war trophies. For himself, he brought back a Sauer and Sohn 12 guage double barrel shotgun and a Sauer and Sohn 7.65 caliber semi automatic that I have learned is one of the Behordenmodell's.

Serial number is in the 200XXX range and the only magazine that came with the gun is marked Cal. 7.65 B.M.

It also came with a black leather holster that is marked D.R.G.M. over a crossed rifle symbol with the letters Akan or Akah on the outside and P.P.K. is stamped under the flap.

Any additional information will be appreciated.:D

Your Sauer handgun is a Model 30 (1930) varient.

The Behorden (Authority) Model is different from the Model 30 in that it has a trigger safety and a "loaded" indicator(missing on the late Behorden Models).

These commercial models are normally found with a highly-polished blued finish, but a nickel finish, engraving, or both, as well as fancy grip material and a NIROSTA marked barrel.
A very few were made with aluminum or Dural frames.

FWIW - "PPK" = Polize Pistole Kurtz = Short/small police pistol = .32ACP/7.65mm, considered a police cartridge in Germany at the time and what Walther prudently named the concealment version of their PP Police pistol.

Last edited:
Sorry, but PPK stands for Polizei Pistole Kriminal; the last word being German for "detective", no matter what it looks like in English.

The crossed rifles is the trademark of AKAH (Albrecht Kind, GmbH), which was and still is a major German sporting goods company. The holster is not postwar, though. DRGM stands for Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster, a registered design patent.

Just FYI, here is AKAH's current web site:

http://www.akah.de/structure_default/main.asp/G/111327/A/1

Jim

Thank you for all of the information. This pistol is very interesting to me and I really appreciate the education.:D

Sauer Pistol comments

JSRIII,
Judging by the serial number, your pistol is a Behorden model. You can confirm this by looking at the face of the trigger. The Behorden model has a small rectangular safety bar protruding from the trigger. The 1930 model does not have this feature... The "B.M." on the base of the magazine stands for "Behorden Modell".
The holster's "ppk" marking indicates that it was intended for the Walther model PPK. GI's didn't worry to much about holsters; if the gun fit, fine.
As a Sauer collector, I would be interested in the gun's complete serial number. And, I would be happy to supply more info, if you are interested.
32Gun

As a Sauer collector, I would be interested in the gun's complete serial number.
32Gun

Now, we are two. ;)

BTW: a 200xxx SN makes it a very early BM. I too liked to know the complete SN.

Regards

Martin

Back