Beginnings of a SBR.

rep1954

Well I have started on a 2 in 1 project. I have always thought a MK series's design rifle would be interesting and at the same time I've had a craving for a small compact SBR. So I am merging the two ideas together to satisfy my wants. First I started with the Volquartsen 1911 Target frame and added a 6" PacLite barrel. Next I got a Volquartsen Rail System built to be used the Ruger MK series 5 1/2" bull barrels. I had to turn the PacLite barrel down to the same couture as the Ruger receiver/barrel. This leaves only the threaded portion protureding from the rail system. I also had to clear out the bolt stop clearance as using the same mounting holes that were in the rail system for the Ruger locate the rail system a little farther forward than it was intended. Next is to design a single rod 5/16" dia. wire stock for a 11 1/2" LOP so I can accurately fill out the Form 1 for overall length. The stock will follow down the left side of the gun mounting to the forward side of the rail system. I would like to keep the lower rail opened for accessories. Just doing a quick accessment it looks like the overall length of the gun from muzzle to stock will be about 18". Right now as it stands this guns weight is 39 oz. I know this project is not for everyone but it should full fill some niches I've had for a while and should be fun for me and others to shoot at the range.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted!

My .22 SBR is 10/22 based but I like where you are headed!

Back