Before and after hog..gonna be yummy

I'll put out a few bottles of champagne and play some cool mood music around the feeders and see if I can get them into a breeding mood.

My wife was after me to bring home a ham or two so she could try out a new recipe she has been experimenting with. I normally give most of the pork away, but do cook a little of it now and then. The wife tried a deer shoulder roast using root beer and Baby Ray's bbq sauce in a crock pot and it came out really good...so she wants to try it with a hog leg. We did the deer like pulled pork and made sandwiches out of it...really good stuff, but I think the pork would actually be a little bit more moist.
I took the backstraps off of this last one too, but I met a friend on the way home that took off with them.

I harvest the meat from sows at about any reasonable size, but boars only up to about 100 pounds. Some guys eat the big guys....but not me. I do have a large fan club of buzzards that wait in the one area where I dump them though that seem to appreciate either gender.
Haven't gotten around to cooking a leg to try that new recipe, but maybe this next week.

Back