Been away from revolvers too long

rblack

I have been shooting my semi-autos so much in the past year that I have completely ignored my revolvers. I went to the range today and took Glock 27, Springfield 45, and my Taurus 44mag. I forgot what fun it is to shoot a revolver. My 44 is dead on accurate, and it so much easier to retrieve the brass I wondered how I got so caught up with semi-autos. I do carry a semi-auto for concealed thou. I'm sure going to start shooting my wheelguns more. Anyone else ever done this? Rod Black

Yeah, every time I shoot my Colt .45 acp 1917 Army revolver I have a blast.. easier clean up of brass but reloading and unloading the spring steel full moon clips can be a bear, even with the proper tool. Man can you IMAGINE ccw'ing THAT hogleg?? Looking down the bore is like staring into a steam pipe.

Makes me think about getting a DA 357.. just for fun, or better yet a s&w 625 in 45acp and stainless.

Dr.Rob

Know what you mean...I started shooting my 686 in club matches here just for fun. Have shot in a bout three with it now. I like it so much, I'm going to shoot the IDPA classifier with it tomorrow so I can compete with it.

Having shot pistols for so many years now, I'd forgotten what a pleasure rolling through the double action of a well tuned S&W revolver was. Plus, the ammo I shoot in practice and matches is dirt cheap.

Mike

No.

Got a nice Sparks IPSC holster to hold my (4) Redhawks and shoot matches...........borrow my wifes' Ernie Hill and shoot my GP100 in a match..........

.......who could forget their wheels?

Of course, I normally shoot matches with my EAA 9x19, er, 9x21, no, I mean my Caspian 1911, or...........

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Another wheel gun fan checking in.

I like using my Colt Trooper .357 on the 100 yard range. No scope - just iron sights. This is end of the day activity after I put away the rifles.

The first time I did it, I thought "Man! This is fun!" I always pack my Beretta 92F as well, but it hasn't been used much as of late. Hmm. Nothing like hearing that big Trooper go BOOM! :cool:

My wife loves the Colt, too. For her birthday, she wants a S&W .44 - model 629 with a 5" barrel.

I'll be happy to oblige. And I'm SURE that she'll share! ;)

Cliff

Greetings, I understand where rblack is
coming from. After recently acquiring a
Smith & Wesson Model 28; I have decided
to let the semi-auto's rest a bit. It's
hard to beat the feel of a revolver.

Regards,
Ala Dan

There's a fairtomiddlin number of good revolvers here,and they work just fine. MOF, the only auto is my cherished GM.

There's zillions of good vintage wheelguns out there,with excellent actions and more accuracy than most people can use. The emphasis on autos in contemporary times is doing oneself a disservice.

As for the gripe that they have fewer shots available, don't miss much and you'll be fine(G)....

Back