Beautiful weekend! Fire up the pot!

Beagle333

'Gonna be 77° today, 80° for tomorrow. There's gonna be some lead flowing around here! I mowed the grass last weekend. I have no current plumbing leaks. The wife has plenty of shoes and doesn't need somebody to hold her purse while she finds more.
Let's cast something!!!! :):):)

Pics and descriptions coming sometime after today.....

Last edited:
Only cast three different ones this weekend. But I made quite a few of them. Here's a couple of each....
On the left is the RCBS 44-250K, the middle is the Lyman 357446 and the right is the RCBS 38-162 SWC.

may%203%20010_zpsucnt1p80.jpg

Looking at the photo now..... the two on the far right are just lightly sitting in gas checks and not crimped on yet and I see that the one on the right isn't snapped in completely.

I picked up this cool old mold this week. It's an Ohaus 38-168 SWC. I didn't even know they made it, but it's pretty neat. Resembles the old Ideal 358429 with the round grooves.:)

I hope to cast with it some this weekend. (these two bullets came in the mold).

5-8-15%20001_zpsqysprooj.jpg

This is my 358429 SWC with the round groove, but I had mine HP'd. I think the driving bands are a bit wider on the Ohaus. That's probably a good thing. :D

keith2_zps60b0e2ba.jpg

And this is my 358439, which is a factory HP and it has the round lube groove, and it also has a wide middle band and skinny front and rear bands.

11-15-14011_zps97800889.jpg

Last edited:
Back