beautiful ny 10 point

upstate81

My cousin from California whom i have never formally met came to my farm to hunt this past week for the first time ever. He is an avid fisherman and bird hunter but has never been big game hunting. We did a small controlled push on my brother in laws property and dont ya know it he shot this 200lb dressed monster! He has matching stickers in the back that totally make this rack. Im beyond happy for him, i convinced him to mount it and my taxidermist is going to mail him the shoulder mount this spring/summer. He was using my thompson center venture compact chambered in 7mm08 with a leupold 2-7. The load was hornady 139 grain interlock american whitetail factory load. It does a killer job on deer and this bruiser was no exception.

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2708.JPG
    IMG_2708.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 192
I can barely get a full fist between the main beams length wise and i have normal sized hands. Was about 18.5 wide. Stillquietvoice where abouts do you hunt?

We had a few long cold days and 2 foot of snow didnt help matters much. We all wanted to make this a memerable experience for him.

Nice buck, for sure. In the South Texas brush country, those are sometimes called "basket horns". I've seen some curved in even more than that one.

Stillquietvoice, your a few hours south of me. I live and hunt in the lake Ontario area. Great hunting around the PA border however.

Back