Beaumont Adams Revolver

Irivlin

Inactive
I have a Beaumont Adams revolver, which appears to be .480 caliber. I'd like to get some advice about loading.
Did the Beaumont Adams have the same dissimilarity with the cylinder and barrel bore diameter as the "ordinary" Deane Adams revolver? I'd like to shoot this gun but I'm scared of blowing up this lovely pistol. Any advice re diameter/type of bullets and powder charge etc would be very appreciated. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Thanks. Ian

The majority of Beaumont Adams revolvers were 442 cal while in service, the British switched to 479 only with the Enfield. That's less than 0.4 mm difference, might be hard to measure unless you force a bullet through the barrel to make sure. I'd start with the 442 bullet and see how it shoots.

If it appears to be a .480, it's in .479. Was a .442 percussion revolver originally. Then converted to .442/.44 Webley. Collector ammo runs $121.50 each.
Shooting it wouldn't be advisable. However, it is rumoured that the black powder round, the .442 originally used a 15-19 grain charge behind a 200-220 grain bullet. Buffalo Arms lists the brass as being 'temporarily unavailable" but back orders are ok. $2 each or $1.53 each when you buy 100.

Back