beat the muggers

Gunter

From the paper:

Two junkies (19,20) armed with knives demand money from a man (35), who hands over his wallet. As the muggers put away their knives and turn to go, the victim turns the tables and beats on them barehanded, retrieves his wallet and pursues the muggers to a nearby police station, where LEOs apprehend the pair.

Legal in your home state? What if the victim had been armed with a knife? A gun? Better battle plan?

case 2 (next day):

At 9:30 pm two sisters armed with knives lurking in an entrance threaten a passer by (43) with their knives, demanding money. The intended victim kicks one of the knives away and himself draws a knife he had previously bought for his son (I don't believe this part, shops close at 7 pm - I think he carries a knife regularly). He pursues the two, alerting police via mobile phone who capture them.

comments?

In my case, either set of muggers would have been facing a Ruger P95.

Aside from that, both seem to be cases of legal self-defense, provided that the guy in the second case could legally carry the knife he used. Unless the jurisdiction has its head up its nether orifice on such matters, I don't see any problem for the defenders. They deserve a pat on the back.

Back