"Bearcoated" mags

Josh D

If you haven't heard of bearcoat, look at
www.bearcoat.com

They teflon coat entire firearms, acces, and mags. I sent off 2 Beretta 92FS 15rnd GI mags to get coated. They had some small specks of rust on them, nothing major, but with NIW mags running in the $50-60 range, I figured I would stop the problem before it started. The body, floorplate, and follower are plated, and the color matches the slide of the pistol almost perfectly. When I loaded it, it seemed like a different mag. The rounds were 2X easier to insert, because the feed lips are so slick. No doubt that this improves function.

If you have a gun, especially a clip fed auto, that you trust your life to, I would recommend getting at least the magazines for it Bearcoated. I know after Y2K I'll get the rest of my 92FS mags done, and possibly some AR mags.

------------------
Don't turn around, uh oh oh, der kommisar is in town, uh oh oh!

Breakin it down-

mags $8 X 2= $16

shipping both- $6.40
ways

total- $22.40

I think if you send them to the company, they charge between $15 and $20 PER MAG just to plate them. I had mine done through a nice guy who gets a dealer discount, and the price drops a lot. Here is his address:

coloradoarmory@yahoo.com

If you have any small parts or mags that you would like to have done, email him. I don't know what he will charge you, but it will sure be cheaper than sending your stuff straight to the factory. BTW his name is Mr. Judd.

Good luck

Back