BEAR? Time to break out the 10mm

KyJim

Yep, there was a bear sighted and video recorded where I live---Lexington, Ky. :eek: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local...rticle243926042.html#storylink=mainstage_lead

I've joked in this forum and elsewhere that I bought my DW 10mm 1911 because a black bear had been sighted 60 miles away. I never thought one would actually show up in town. It was recorded on the campus of the University of Kentucky, about a mile from where I live. And it, or another bear, has been sighted elsewhere in town. I guess I'm gonna' have to start carrying my 10mm now. :D

That's cool KY Jim. I'm in NKY and I won't be shocked when one is seen in Boone, Kenton or Campbell.

And yeah, I've already got my Kimber Camp Guard 10mm, for bears and other critters often seen at RRG.

meh. unless and until it shows to be unafraid AND agressive to humans so what? But then again....if U.K. has a snowflake problem... let the bear be a bear. Maybe their snowflakenesses will find it conforting to call the popo that they want defunded.

People in this area aren't used to seeing large predators.

There has been a coyote pack in my back yard since I moved here 10 years ago. A few weeks ago there was a huge freakout on nextdoor about watching our for your kids cause someone saw a coyote!!

I just find it amusing. And I would LOVE it if (black) bears came back into the area. They are awesome. Griz, tho.. no thanks.

meh. unless and until it shows to be unafraid AND agressive to humans so what? But then again....if U.K. has a snowflake problem... let the bear be a bear. Maybe their snowflakenesses will find it conforting to call the popo that they want defunded.
Must be from Tennessee... :) It's just cool to see one walking around in a populated area, even on video.

Back