BE-86 .45 Colt

The following loads are non-published loads based on an algorithm program.

Using your revolver and load parameters in GRT I get the following numbers:

Nosler 250 JHP @ 1.59" with 9.5 gr. of BE-86 gives 1145 fps @ 22.3 kpsi (max tier II)

Didn't Alliant announce that they were quitting the powder-to-the-public business?

Personally, apart from using current stock, I would be working loads for available products.

Which is too bad as I like BE-86, Power Pistol, 2400, Steel.

I am sorry I don't live in your area.

I have more Unique than I can use in the rest of my life. Two of the old carboard cans full, some in a plastic container (I wanted to free up a jug for another old powder that was in a can).

And one of the old small square cans which has to date back to the 70s or before? I got that with some other powders I bought off a guy (some were fine, some gone bad but it had powders I could use in one of the outages).

It still is pristine appearance and not smell. I have good data on it in 45 LC and 41 Magnum (low level loads) so I can test it one of these days to see how it compares (I have a LabRadar so I get accurate info). Shoot it in the 41 Mag N frame, can't hurt that gun if its wild but I have yet to see a powder not shoot that has looked and smelled fine.

Back