Baton in CA?

devinf

Inactive
I'm pretty sure they're illegal, but I wanted to double check. Can you carry a baton (ASP) legally in CA?

Spray isn't always the way to go and I wanted to carry something that would allow me to do some extra damage if need be, and since I don't have a CCW I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks and regards,
Devin

Devinf, I don't know about the present, but when I left Kalif., four years ago, it was illegal to carry an ASP... or other "police" batons, such as the PR24, etc., unless you were a cop.

Given that the communistnazi politicians are even worse today, and in total control, I doubt that they've made "batons" legal for anyone, other than cops and criminals.

FWIW. J.B.

Sources

MadGrad said: "In CA carrying one is an automatic Felony. Unless your a cop."

Does anybody have references for this? What the letter of the law say about this?

Thanks

~ Golden Bear

Baton in CA

My suggestion is go to the local library or do a google search for findlaw. From what I read Golden Bear is right. Possession is a felony. CA's definition of a weapon is so long I'm surprised they let you even have fingernails in CA.

Last edited:
This probably covers it:

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable
firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any ammunition which
contains or consists of any flechette dart, any bullet containing or
carrying an explosive agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst
trigger activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun, any
short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt buckle knife, any
leaded cane, any zip gun, any shuriken, any unconventional pistol,
any lipstick case knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge
knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice
handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any instrument or weapon
of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy,
sandclub, sap, or sandbag.

hth,
wahuwa

The cops and politicians in Calif want you to be the victim. They want you to be beaten or killed by the bad guy. They want their citizens to have no way to defend themselves. All you can carry is pepper spray but pepper doesn't work many times. You can pack a folding knife or fixed blade in sheath in plain view but it won't be long before they take that away too.

Check out the Airtaser. www.airtaser.com. They have videos on their site. This is the best legal weapon in KKKalifornia. I have one in my car. I even tested it on myself. It knocks you down cold.

It has limitations of course. One shot, then it is a contact weapon. All in all, it might be better than a gun or knife in some situations. I would sure use it faster than I would pull my knife in a non-life threatening situation.

Dave

airtaser?

So what is an "airtaser?"

Tried the link, but it didn't work.

There are many things that can be used in place of "batons." I have a table leg off an oak nightstand that serves perfectly, and the screw-in fitting on the end shows that it really is a table leg. A "tire billy" used by truck drivers, a fiberglass or wooden "fish billy" used by offshore fishermen, even a 1/2"-drive sized braker bar would do the trick. I guess what I'm saying is that something that has another declared utility that can be used as a baton seems to be a logical choice. I've never heard of anybody being arrested (even in California:D) for "possession of a table leg."

Back