BATFE confiscations in the Wall Street Journal?

MagnumWill

I picked up the"marketplace" section of the WSJ today, and in the back they have a huge section of BATFE confiscated weapons, ammo and stuff. Does anybody have any clue what you can do with this stuff, and is it for sale for anybody out of those particular states?

I believe it is published simply to provide notice so that anyone with a preexisting interest in or claim on the property can contact ATF. I don't believe ATF ever sells or auctions off firearms or ammo. It is either used within the government or destroyed.

Firearms

I think that the Mesiah would want the seized firearms to be made into flower vases with gumdrops around the base. That would be nice.

Yeah right. He just wants them out of the hands of people who work for a living, and into the hands of his "Civilian National Security Force", aka Obama Youth thugs.

I believe it is published simply to provide notice so that anyone with a preexisting interest in or claim on the property can contact ATF. I don't believe ATF ever sells or auctions off firearms or ammo. It is either used within the government or destroyed.

Thanks, buzz. I figured I'd ask in the NFA forum, since a lot of that stuff was NFA. Not quite sure how this turned into a flame thread :confused:

I'd hazard a guess that confiscated items are 'found' and thus finders do not have title to the good until nominal notice is given (hence the publications in WSJ).

As a result, maybe the ATF has to give constructive notice and then they can destroy/bury/use the arms they seized?

Just a shot in the dark here :).

What KChen986 said, it looks to me like ATF is just laying the legal framework to show that they made a reasonable attempt to locate the legitimate property owner before destroying/taking firearms acquired in investigations.

Back