Base of pistol handle for self-defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LASur5r

In the old movies, we always saw a cowboy using their revolver as a hammer by hitting the bad guy with either the pistol grip base or the barrel of their revolver. It seems like a good idea in CQC, but in real life...what do you guys think?

Good or bad idea?

I once addressed this topic. If such force is justified or will save your life or prevent serious injury to others then it's a very good technique. Use the muzzle and punch forward with it, all the energy and force is concentrated in the small diameter of the barrel. Remember to keep those fingers out of the trigger guard kiddies! the other option is the top of slide or top strap of a revolver. Turn gun over where support hand palm comes under trigger guard area and push/punch the top of pistol into face,neck or chest of opponent. This technique does not automatically lead to someone disarming you just because you chose to strike them but you must, of course, achieve the surprise element to truly perform it to it's utmost.

If you still had bullets left in the gun why not use them? They only way I could see using this technique is if I had regained my gun in a scuffle and had it by the barrel not the but. Smack the guy in the face and then back up readjust and ....

One of the 1911 manufactures made a pistol with a "skull crusher" spike that extended below the gun behind the magazine. My first thought was why. If I ever get into a situation that required me to draw then I should be justified in shooting. Why on earth give the badguy any advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back