Bartering hunting/fishing experiences

deerdown

Inactive
A couple years ago, someone posted about starting up a Hunting/Fishing Swap page. It received a number of posts on "fairness" and left to die.

I read the posts and obviously there were some good points made on how to ensure you could ensure a like-for-like swap mostly. Due diligence on the side of both parties would help in that regard. No guarantees obviously, but in life-few things are.

Anyway, wanted to resurrect the topic for a page. in the last 5 years, I've traded a couple Alaskan fishing trips for Missouri deer hunts, and also a Lake Michigan Salmon trip we just returned from for a Missouri deer hunt. They turned out great ! Better than expected in all cases.

The swaps can work out well with enough communication, pictures, references, etc.

It gives people a chance to trade their "spot" for something else they'd like to do. Fishing, hunting, or other - saw someone wanted to trade their condo for a week for a hunt as an example.

Thoughts on setting up a page for these things?

There's only 1 other site I know that does this, and it has pretty good activity.

Back