Barrel interchangeability between FEG PJK-9HP and Browing HP?

Yep. No problem other than normal fitting steps. Not even that on most factory fit barrels. Should drop right in.

I agree. Year or two ago it became necessary to replace the barrel in my FEG clone. (No, I don't wanna talk about it.) Ordered a new barrel from Gun Parts Co. and it dropped right in. My uncle has an original HP from the '50s and I found that all but one part will interchange between the two guns. The slide release from the HP will fit the FEG, but not the other way around.
The new barrel I got from GPC is from Korea and is a bit tight in the chamber, gotta make sure any reloads are fully resized.
Go for it!

The slide release issue varies by production dates. All of the vent rib FEGs have a slide stop externally configured like a 1911. Some of the more conventional ( standard Hi Power) looking FEGs use the same stop. Others use one exactly like FN/Browning. A small difference in the slide also. Not a big issue, but it could give you a headache if you run into it, say, installing an extended slide release. If so, I can provide modification instructions. It's not hard.
The Federal Arms barrels (GPC) are all very tight in the chamber regardless of which gun they are made for and should be reamed a bit to make them more reliable. For target use, they are probably OK as is.

Thanks guys! I'm considering replacing my FEG barrel (I also don't want to talk about it) with an Olympic Arms barrel. I'm planning on getting one that is an inch longer than factory. I'm hoping that a good quality barrel will help improve the accuracy of this pistol.

:)

Let us know how this goes! I also have the FEG and would like to know whether a drop-in barrel would make it any better than it now is.

Since its nearly perfect already, I doubt it ;-) but it would be nice to know.

If you've got a barrel of usual quality, the most you'll need is a bit of polishing on the barrel ramp & in the chamber. A crown job doesn't hurt either. I've "accurized" a bunch of these with excellent results. When done with slide tightening ( to increase barrel lock up), you would be amazed at the improvement. A word of caution. Slide tightening, in & of itself, does not inprove accuracy that much, if at all, & can reduce reliability if done wrong. The benefit comes from reducing play in the barrel at lock up.

Back