Barrel Changing in a Glock 27

I'm wondering the same thing.
Barsto makes aftermarket barrels.
Can we just drop one in? - I'll be finding out soon
Can we form 357 sig brass from 40 s&w brass? - I'll be finding out soon.
I believe that the same mags will work.

I'm going to drop a glock 33 barrel in my 27.
I may also change the recoil spring.

Gentlemen,

I'm not sure if the G27 is a .40 S&W, but if it is...you can switch to .357 sig barrels under two advisable conditions.

(1) Your Glock has to be one of the newer Glocks with the accessory rails. I have heard that the newer receivers are structuraly stronger.

(2) I have a G23C where I changed the barrel to shoot .357 SIG. At first it would jam like crazy, but after I bought some G32 magazines marked ".357 Sig", it shot flawlessly. I recommend buying some .357 Sig magazines. They appear to be the same as the .40 S&W, but the followers are tilted at a higher angle to compensate for the bottelneck design of the .357 Sig.

By the way, I purchased a Federal threaded .357 Sig barrel for my G23C. Lone Wolf Distributers sells them for $80.00.

You can put a .357 Sig barrel in your 27 without any problem. In fact the 33 barrel is the only stock .357 barrel that Glock will sell you. Good luck, its a fun round.

The 27 and the 33 are the same gun except for the barrel. A stock glock barrel or an aftermarket will drop right in. all of the parts are the same except for the barrels and model markings.

------------------
Vinny

Back