Bargain Truck Gun

mk70ss

Bought this old Rossi model 68 .38 Special for $120 on GB. Had some old J Frame knockoff grips I slightly modified and used a BK grip adapter I had to make a nice little truck gun.

Bargain price and a nice looking gun to boot!
How is the trigger?
Just curious, at that price I would have snapped it up as long as it was working.

Trigger is very decent. The early Rossi’s were really good guns. It takes a lot of searching on GB to find the few bargains out there.

Nice score. I picked up a 3” version a few years ago and it was a great shooter, when it worked. But it had problems with the cylinder locking up all the time. It was part of a recall so I returned it hoping they would fix it. Unfortunately they wouldn’t fix it but did replace it with a Taurus plastic revolver, or they would have returned it to me and I could have tried getting it fixed. I opted for the replacement and hated it so I sold it and basically broke even in the end.

I have the 885, the stainless version of the 68, from the Interarms years, and it is one solid little wheelgun. Good find and great price.

Back