Bargain CZ-75 !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HS

Just found this ad at http://www.empirearms.com/pistols.htm CZECH Model CZ-75B semiautomatic pistol (9mm Parabellum) mfg. in 1996. A very smooth and incredibly accurate double-action pistol with "cocked & locked" type safety, featuring black teflon finish and tritium night-sights, and one 10-round factory magazine. As new (test-fired only) with manual and factory test-target, 3-year warrantee against defects. One of the finest pistols ever made, and certainly one of the sweetest-shooting 9mm's in existance. . . $299.
High-cap 15-round preban magazines for the above, slightly used, $40 each
email us at kroh@empirearms.com
Good eh ?

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

[This message has been edited by HS (edited November 27, 1999).]

About a year ago these were going for $279 NIB. I've seen them more recently for $329. Check with czusa, up until last year they had NIB preban hicaps for $35. IMHO the CZ75B is a pale shadow of the CZ75. The addition of the passive firing pin safety destroyed what was otherwise a silky smooth trigger pull. This business of "test fired only once" could mean anything. Was it test fired with 1,000 rounds of reloads? It's no bargain. Check Shotgun News and the usual auction web sites.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited November 26, 1999).]

I always do a good month of searching before buying. every day i look for a better deal.whether it be the internet,newspaper,pawn/gun shops, whatever.

There may be a better deal than this one. I dont know. but this deal will be here in a month. so do yourself a favor and do some window shopping before ya buy. It gives you time to really find that perfect package.

Good luck.

------------------
TIM : )

Everything but the mag prices seem fair to me. You can still get the 15-rnders from CZ for $35. Tell him that and if he doesn't come down to a more reasonable price, he can keep them.

I see Dennis Kroth (owner of Empire Arms) quite a bit at gun shows. He really is an honest businessman. He rarely (if ever) has the best price, but you can count on him giving you just what he promised.

If this is a LNIB gun, I think it is a good deal. Down here in South Florida, I haven't seen them any cheaper in the last year.

I love my CZ 75B. Maybe the CZ 75 has a better trigger, but I like mine anyway! At around $300 the CZ is THE BEST DEAL on the market right now...

The CZ-75 is the most underated firearm out there today. Though the 75B doesn't have as great of a trigger as the 75, that can be remidied quickly by a good gunsmith (I think it's more the burrs and "crud" in the action than the existence of a fireing pin safety). $299 for a model with night sights sounds like a great deal to me. If you have any doubts, try to find another reliable, accurate, good-looking hi-cap auto pistol for that price. Get it while you can!

I'm seriously thinking that CZ-75B for
$300 is a gift. It should probably be
at least in $450-500 range, and HK USP
should be in $250-275 range, to match
qualities of both guns.

BTW, I noticed that prices for CZ-75B
are going up....

I didn'y mean to flame any owners of CZ75Bs. I agree they're bargains but the quality isn't the same. Look at the fit and finish of the Action Arms and Magnum Research CZ75s and compare them to the recent imports by CZUSA and you'll immediately notice that the hand fitting is no more. This doesn't mean that they won't perform reliably, they will, but the fact is that as CZ sped up production quality dropped.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back