Barami HipGrip v. Clipdraw

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

Hi all. For those of you who have used either/both the Barami HipGrip or the ClipDraw for a .38 snubbie, please give me the good, the bad and the ugly. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

The Barami allows the use of a holster, if you desire.
The Barami installs more easily.

IIRC, with the clipdraw, you have to remove the sideplate screws to install it.

I can't see any advantage going with the clipdraw.

I like the Barami better - - -

Used it on my Airweight Chief's Special for several years. Highly concealable, and surprisingly fast, if you practice a bit.

Best,
Johnny

I used the Clip Draw for a couple of years.

It would fit into a Galco ankle rig without any difficulty. I supect that it would fit into most any other holster as long as you put it into the pouch before you put the rig onto your belt. Re-holstering it would likely be impossible. Wearing it in the holster caused the end of the spring-steel clip to rub on the forward edge of the cylinder, and this did leave a lightly visible spot of wear after some time in use.

I think its advatange is that you can use any sort of grip which you like best, like Boot Grips. The Barami is too slippery and doesn't fill out the hand. Your trigger finger must wrap over the clip portion before you can engage the trigger. Those with long fingers may find this a plus, but it is a hindrance IMO. Thankfully, they are both inexpensive enough so that you can try both to determine your own preference.:)

Clip-Draw works for me. Alone outside on left or inside right. With holster on right side, clip goes over edge of holster.

Have not tried the Barami.

Sam

Barami & Tyler T grip

As I write this I have one of my favorite snubs on the desk. It is wearing Barami grips w/a Tyler T grip as a filler. That combination is on three of my snub nose revolvers and has worked great for me. The Barami is slick, but I bead blast the grips after fitting to the gun they will be on. That gives them somewhat of a matt finish and also gives them some texture.

Although I carry a semi-auto, I demonstrate with both of these for my CCW classes. Like Victor I find the Barami interferes with my trigger finger and is a poorly shaped grip pannel. The Clip-draw allows a choice of grips and is flatter against the frame so it doesn't interfere with my triger finger placement or stroke. YMMV!

A seven dollar uncle mikes 36 IWB works the same....you can use any grip you want....and it protects the gun when you remove it.....I'll take my clip on the holster......

Back