Banning Guns in National Parks/Forests?

deanf

In [Link to invalid post] Dr.Rob wrote:

"Oh and BY THE WAY congrees was hankering with a law to BAN ALL FIREARMS in National Parks so CHECK THE LAW before You Pack Heat."

I suspect he meant National Forests, because gun are already banned in National Parks.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Was such a law considered?

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

Doesn't matter in the least to me. When I'm in the woods (ANY woods), I carry my sidearm and two spare mags. And I always will.

Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Woods defined:
Any space outside the home.

------------------
"Supreme authority derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farsicle aquatic ceremony."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Point of fact...

The Feds have no Constitutional authority to ban weapons anywhere....it falls under State authority. I always take arms when deep range fishing/backbacking....4 times its paid off. Guess what...there weren't no Feds out in the woods to save my lil butt.

Fact is they can't keep their own selves in order...would you trust their word of safety out in the boonies?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

DC,

Are you sure that state government has the authority to ban weapons? Or is that only on "their" property?

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

John...

Sorry...."their property"...though I'm not sure if that includes State forests

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Well, I'd grant the Feds OR the state the right to prohibit murder, ADW, etc on their property, but as for carrying arms into a place with all manner of natural dangers, not to mention the everpresent crime, well, they can prohibit to their hearts content. I've been in a lot of parks coast to coast, and I don't go NOWHERE outside my local area without a pistola. Never knew it was illegal, and I still don't.

I was out West this last summer,went through numerous National Parks......all with my trusty Glock 27 nearby. Screw them......I'm not ending up in some 'body bag' because some nitwit somewhere thinks I don't need to protect me or mine!!! That law is unconstitutional and immoral,so I will not regard it. As many have said,better tried by 12 than carried by six....and that goes for my kids and wife,too!!!!!!!

Back