Banking Privacy Alert

John/az2

I took this post from another board, but it is just as relevant here:

Hi everyone - if you haven't heard about it, theres some new regulations out there that are a serious
threat to your Freedom. Various government banking agencies are proposing rules that would
require tracking of all customer transactions. They would identify where your money came from and
where you spent it. They would establish a profile on you calculating what you should spend, and if
you vary from this, - if you take out more of your own money than they think is acceptable - - a
"suspicious activity report" will be filed & given to authorities. Your Right to Privacy will be flushed
down the toilet. These regs weren't enacted by elected law makers. The bureacrats decided this on
their own. We need to email the agencies before March 8, 1999 to protest these new "Know Your
Customer" regulations. (This is the deadline for public comments.) If theyre not stopped these regs
will come in effect next year. PLEASE email Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) the email
address is comments@fdic.com Also email to Dept of Treasury at public.info@ots.treas.gov and to
Comptroller of the Currency at regs.comments@occ.treas.gov Contact your local people in
Congress. As Ben Franklin said - Now you have a Democracy, lets see if you can keep it. - - -
Thank you.

------------------
"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

There are a number of proposals on the floor right now to head off this "Know Your Customer" Bill.

DC,
I got the legislative calendar from your website links. Can you post a URL? Write your fingers off, guys!
Rich

This is why for the last 5 years I have withdrawn cash from my ATM, nearly emptying my account as soon as the check gets there because I am on direct deposit, and purchased money orders for bills. Before I was on direct deposit I would just cash the check and deposit a couple of hundred dollars. I pay cash at the grocery store, for gas, and when going shopping. NO CHECKS EVER! Credit cards for mail order purchases only.

Jeff i too am on direct deposit and as soon as it hits the bank i withdraw it. i keep only enough in the bank to cover the bills & of course the service charge from the better half's income. it ain't nobody's damn business what i do w/ my moola! but i still keep writing my rep. in DC

Jeff i too am on direct deposit and as soon as it hits the bank i withdraw it. i keep only enough in the bank to cover the bills & of course the service charge w/ the better half's income. it ain't nobody's damn business what i do w/ my moola! but i still keep writing my rep. in DC

------------------
fiat justitia

longhaircsa@netscape.net

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited February 24, 1999).]

Back