"BANG STICK" Questions???

pojim

How could one acquire one of these? Are they only available within the diving community? Would on have to register such a device AOW because of the length?

Thanks,
pojim

I think you'd have to register it as a AOW, since it doesn't fit conveniently into any typical category. Try to peruse the BATF's FAQ page and maybe you'll find some info without writing them a letter.

I would check with diving sources to get one, but if you aren't using it for diving, I would be really interested in what new application you have for it. Personally, I don't see it as a good self defense type weapon. They are one shot only items (unless they have changed significantly in the last 10 years) and I would definitely not want to try one as a close quarters battle item.

Try using a search engine like http://www.google.com to find what you need.

I've an idea that use of a bangstick in any way other than its original mission would entangle one in a legal mess for years, and might just see the owner of same incarcerated for quite a period. As a loophole weapon, this looks good for a trip up the river...

I recall the furor over flare pens,which made lousy weapons but sure got Mike Wallace and his ilk all upset.

Back