Ban Swords? How about Guillotines?

MissileCop

This just in from Reuters-London

A British widower killed himself with a homemade guillotine exactly two months after his wife's death, a coroner ruled.

The inquest heard that Colin Vincent, from the northern England town of Halifax, built the apparatus outside his home.

He lay under the heavy steel blade and used pliers to cut a retaining wire. A pathologist told the hearing that the 57-year-old's head had been cleanly chopped off.

Being of a curious nature, I just have to wonder what was going through this gentlemans mind as he built his guillotine. Just goes to show you that even with a firearms ban in England, if someone is hell bent on committing suicide, they'll find a way.

"For Sale: 1 Guillotine, 99% finish, used once." Ouch!

[This message has been edited by MissileCop (edited December 04, 1999).]

I've heard several times that your
head is conscious for around 17 seconds
after the blade does the deed.

Starting counting now:
1001 .... 1017. Yuk

I've always wondered about that.

Looking down at the head, "So, how did it feel? I know you don't have any air so just mouth it."

...my neck is itching...

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

Ah, that reminds me of the film Curdled. During her childhood, the lead character developed an unhealthy fascination regarding violent death. This carries over into adulthood where she takes a job cleaning up crime scenes. She is particularly obsessed about the story of severed heads remaining conscious for a brief time after the decapitation.

Glenn: I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Kearl has a copy. ;)

Back