Baltimore County and SIg 226's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunfighter

Was on the news tonight that Baltimore County PD was inspecting their 226's and found over 50 with major stress cracks. They showed one where the whole side rail was split. God I love my Glock.

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

You are fooling yourself if you think GLOCK, HK, or SIG for that matter is without flaws... No weapon is made to last forever... The Baltimore PD probably put more rounds through the gun than its intended life span!!! The PD probably took minimal care of the weapons and they were probably handled/used by numerous persons... My $00.02.

------------------
SURE SHOT

You are fooling yourself if you think GLOCK, HK, or SIG for that matter is without flaws... No weapon is made to last forever... The Baltimore PD probably put more rounds through the gun than its intended life span!!! The PD probably took minimal care of the weapons and they were probably handled/used by numerous persons... My $00.02.

P.S. If there was such a thing as the perfect handgun everyone would own one...

------------------
SURE SHOT

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited October 15, 1999).]

James- Being involved in the Baltimore Metro area Police/Firearms community as an officer and firearms instructor I can assure you that Baltimore County takes excellent care of their weapons. However since I blew a Glock into peices using lead reloads in 96 I know that all firearms have limitations. I'm just a Glock fan and did not mean to rub your rubarb.

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

To GUNFIGHTER I can appreciate your fascination with the GLOCK. And I am not affended by your opinion(s). That is the beauty of being an AMERICAN CITIZEN, we are allowed to share our opinions with others whether they agree or not...
HAPPY SHOOTING!

P.S. I too have had experience with LE agencies and weapons as well as the MIL and from experience can say that most municipality LE officers do not take proper care of their gear due to the mundane repetions involved. This is no fault of the municipalty per say. However, unlike the MIL CIV LEs take their weapons home with them. As a result their weapons are not inspected as much as they would be with an armorer putting a little pressure on for the highest standards of PMS.

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited October 15, 1999).]

So what could they do that would cause that?

I doubt they all reload, so hot ammo isn't it. Doubt they have had em long enough, or shoot them enough to wear em out this bad this soon. Too much/little oil? Come on!

It's a bad run of guns. Can (has) happened to everybody. Beretta, Glock, HK.

Beretta and the M9 slides. NYPD and Glock jams. HK jamamatics for the Santa Barbara Co Sheriffs. Cobb Co Police S&Ws.

Everybody.

------------------
>>>>---->

[This message has been edited by BrokenArrow (edited October 21, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back