Ballistic infor on 9mm Luger ?

galt

Tonight our local Tac-Nite had a course of fire involving steel poppers at 25-30 yards. I missed them terribly, and want to blame something besides my trigger pull.

What is the vertical drop on a typical (not +P) 9mm handgun round, shot out of a semi-auto pistol (Glock 19) at 25 and 30 yards ?

------------------
galt
Speak Out on the Net http://www.netcitizen.org

galt:
I don't have the Ballistic information that would provide that, however, from the sounds of it your rounds were going some-what low on the target. You did not say if you had shot this course, with this gun, before, but I am surmizing that you have shot it and found it adequate.

In a tac situation a lot of physical and mental things occur. Just from your brief desctiption I would determine that your difficulty was 80 pounds finger pressure applied to a 4 pound trigger pull. Possibly you may want to post this in the relaod section of TFL I'm sure some one can assist you.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited August 08, 2000).]

This is the longest range shot I have ever attempted with a handgun. It may have been a trigger control issue, but I am not yet convinced of that. I will seek info from the reloading people.

Back