Bair reloading dies

Bair manufactured very good dies , 1960's - 1970's type dies , good basic reloading tools of many kinds under Bair and Bear brand name . They first made tools for Pacific and I believe Pacific bought Bair/Bear and the companies merged .
In the early years Bair / Bear's blue color on it's tools and boxes was the same color Pacific used . I have the Press , several Dies , Case trimmer , several other tools all given to me by a friend ...all marked Bair/Bear ... for decades I thought my single stage "C" Super Deluxe press was a Bair... but cast into the back of the press "C" frame is a stylized "P" and a "press expert" informed me this cast P stood for Pacific ... the Bair press was identical, but the cast in letter was a "B" ... Bair made both designs for themselves and Pacific and simply changed the cast letter in the frame ...
For 30 years I thought it was a Bair ... I hadn't a clue !
Gary

I have looked at some Pacific reloading dies, and bair dies and they look identical.
Then I was told Bair made both sets, same dies, different label. The all look like extremely good dies, well made , look as good as some made today.

Back