Bagged the illusive Heizer 7.62X39 Barrel

peggysue

Got my 7.62X39 Barrel for my Heizer Pocket AR .223. The set is now complete!!

902856d1447281117-glimpse-my-little-collection-heizer-plus.jpg

Attachments

• Heizer Plus.jpg
    Heizer Plus.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 17
If you don't intend to shoot it, then why buy it? I can't see owning a gun that I can't take out and enjoy from time to time. Collector's edition or otherwise.

If you don't intend to shoot it, then why buy it? I can't see owning a gun that I can't take out and enjoy from time to time.

While I'd shoot the Heizer, I do buy guns that I never intend on shooting. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. I buy them because they are rare and interesting or just really interesting from a design perspective. Or, I might find something aesthetically pleasing about the gun and just have to have it.

For example, I have two Pythons that I won't shoot. Why? I don't need to. I've shot many .357 revolvers, including Pythons, and I just don't need to shoot these Pythons. One's a '57 and the other is a 1960 and pretty to look at!

So, I get it when it comes to collecting guns; but there are some that I just can't keep my hands off of. I bought a USAS-12 with the intent of keeping it NIB. But, it's never appreciated all that much and what-the-heck, I took it out and shot it a couple times. Glad I did.

Last edited:
If you don't intend to shoot it, then why buy it? I can't see owning a gun that I can't take out and enjoy from time to time. Collector's edition or otherwise.

+1.

That Heizer, I'm talking about the man, is one rude cookie.

Whatever you do, don't EVER email him, unless you want a paragraph of noxious ranting about how good his products are.

I personally would never buy anything from him. He deserves to go out of business, that and his pistols often don't work properly and are a ridiculous concept even in standard pistol calibers.

He deserves to go out of business,

Why? He's a gun maker. I don't want to see any gun makers go out of business. I do acknowledge that there are some that are so bad and so obnoxious and I can understand animosity toward them. But, what exactly did Heizer do to you? I've never heard of any problems with his products - what problems are you personally aware of?

Accentual that Heizer Pocke9 is pretty well made and finished. A big hunk of stainless steel. A single shot .223 or 7.62X39 is not every ones cup of tea. More of a novelty.

Last edited:
Can someone explain the Heizer / Doubletap situation? Did Heizer steal their design or were they first? If so why did Heizer even entertain the notion of working with them?

Sorry to be off topic but I don't get it.

On topic, good score Peggy. Buying a gun you won't shoot is no different than buying a classic car that you don't drive to work or buying any collectible and leaving it in the package. YOLO

edit-

One could assume (ass-u-me) that the recoil would be as painful as the DoubleTap. I don't see as many Heizer videos but based on the design I'd think it was one shot will be fine, two may sting, don't even think of reloading it.

A single shot .223 or 7.62X39 is not every ones cup of the.

Got that right!

Also I totally understand the idea of buying something just to have it.

I have mixed thoughts about if I would shoot it or not...muffs AND ear plugs...and probably a shooting glove...call me a wimp but I won't even shoot regular 158 grain .357 magnums out of a Ruger LCR.

From what I've heard of just the mere 9mm and 45acp models, that thing would be terrifying to shoot. I also am curious about the ballistics of those rounds coming out of such short barrels.

Back