Badger Ordnance Rem 700 Bolt Knob Mod

THE RAVEN

Howdy again..! Has anyone had the Badger Ordnance Rem 700 bolt knob mod done or know anyone that has ?? I was wondering because it looks like a much smoother and functional option....

Here is a picture of it for those that haven't seen it....

Attachments

• bolt knob.jpg
    bolt knob.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 54
I just did mine myself. Cut the handle square, filed to round, threaded. Lots of places will do it for you if you don't want to risk it. I really like the improvement.

Here's a pic of mine; I like it a lot. Makes handling the bolt next to the scope bell a much nicer proposition. I had it back from Badger two weeks after I dropped in in the mail. Worth the $100 IMO... considered the plastic one too... but decided to just go all the way with it.

SANY0276.JPG

Did mine a year ago Badger rail mount & bolt looks just like your pic.
Really like it but there are cheaper ways that are just as good.It was 165.00. I'll probably go a different way next time.

That KRG handle is pretty sweet !! Did you mount yours with the epoxy or without ?? And did yours hold pretty firm or move around any ?? Thank you that is a great idea..:cool:

** Just saw your review link and read it,answered my questions,thank you !**

Last edited:
No worries! I did not epoxy mine. Just a little blue Loctite on the mounting screw and they have held rock solid. Even on my hunting rifle where I'd be out in 20-30 degree weather for hours the knob worked as advertised. Very well designed product IMO.

Sounds,good in fact I just ordered one...! I read a few reviews and saw a couple more on YouTube......No complaints from anyone,and $70.00 cheaper than having the bolt sent out and permanantly machined....Good stuff ~ Thanks again I owe ya a beer....:)

Did mine on my 7mm-08 project rifle. Really nothing to it. Grind the old knob off square and then work it down to the right boss. Take a 3/8" die and cut in new threads, screw on the bolt knob. It took about an hour to do. I fitted it and checked it on the rifle then used some JB Weld and locked it down for good. After I duracoated the rifle it looks like it was formed on the handle.

101_0122.jpg

Back