Bad idea to put hog draw in same spot as I plan to hunt deer?

FirstFreedom

I'm gonna put a hog draw thing (corn, sugar, milk, sour mash in a post hole) - I hear that if hogs start frequenting, then deer will stay away, which would be a problem come fall - maybe best to keep it at least 3 or 4 hundred yards from good deer spots? Or doesn't matter? Thanks.

i dont think it matter. there is no promise that the hogs are still gonna be there come deer season.

I always see deer when I am hunting hogs. I have also seen quail, turkey and elk in the same areas...And this was 25 miles from downtown Los Angeles!

No worries.... Deer and hog can (and will) live comfortably with each other in the same area. I had many of the same questions.... I went to Georgea to fill my deer feeders and saw an amazing amount of hog tracks in the area. I was skeptical to fill the feeders only to feed the hogs. We set up deer cams on trees near feeders.... and we saw that the deer and hog were both feeding in those areas.... just at different times. And as the last person had posted, once deer season started, I didn't see even one hog. You're ok, go ahead and feed them.

Hogs and elk in the Los Angeles Area???

where can we hunt hogs in L.A.? Never seen or heard of them around here, and I'm pretty familiar with the forest area around here.

Back