bad experience at the gun shop

jar

I stopped in yesterday to check on some work my gunsmith was doing for me. I got attacked by an old S&W M-28. It grabbed my side and wouldn't let go. I fought and struggled and thought that I broke free. But it followed me home.

Is this normal behavior for a somewhat mature revolver?

Yes :D Believe it or not, they can smell a credit card in your pocket.

I thought when I got my first handgun,that I would never love again----alas,I was very wrong.Now I have fifteen and still get attracted to a well-turned butt.To say nothing about the slim good looking ones and well rounded bigger ones--it, (the desire for guns,is ever expanding,like the Universe--there is no known cure,except the final cure for everything)---all you can do is admit your obsession to yourself and try to appear normal to other non-gun people.

I think you may have provoked it in some way.
Did you either fondle the handle or stroke the cylinder?
Either of these activities can cause trouble:D

Like a baby duck, some guns 'imprint' on people. Sounds like it happened to you. You can't sell it now. That gun is no good to anyone else. As with other pets, realize there comes a time, maybe when it is old, that you will have to shoot it.

It's been my experience that the behavior isn't limited to just mature firearms. When will this madness stop?!

Back