Back yard wildlife pics, from your backyard

nate45

I see people write all the time about wildlife around there homes, I thought it would be nice if we had a thread of pics. It is easy to get pics from the deer lease, but how about right around the house? Maybe your back yard is a farm/ranch, dear lease, or Yellowstone Park. :) It doesn't matter as long as you live there.

I made the post below here while back, Jan. 23 actually. I tried to get a pic of the buck that was in my backyard, but it was getting too dark.

I don't know if you can do it, but right in the eye with a pellet, or CB cap might work. Or if you shot him right behind the shoulder, the taxidermist may be able to patch it, or position the shoulder so it covers the hole up.

I've got some big Fox squirrels that live in my yard too. They usually hang out in and around the black walnut trees. I saw a really big one just last evening. I also saw two deer in my back yard yesterday evening. An eight point buck and later a doe. I see deer all the time in my front and side yards, but the back yard has a wooden privacy fence. It is about 60 yards long and 40 yards wide and I leave the back gate cracked open. Last spring a doe was nursing a fawn back there, pretty neat.

At the time I made it, I thought it would be neat to start this thread, but I didn't have any pics. :(

Today I'm at home and looked out back and saw two does and got a decent pic.

attachment.php

Two small does aren't that amazing, but they did slip in a less than two foot wide gap to graze.

Anyway, thats all I've got so far. I may broaden my horizons to the front and side yards and see what I can capture.

Lets see yours.

PS: I know my yard looks bad, but it was covered with snow yesterday so...:)

Attachments

• 100_1269.jpg
    100_1269.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 377
Let me tell you what I have seen on my 5 acres in the Colorado mountains. In 16 years we have had countless deer and elk, antelope, black bear, mountain lion, many bobcats and red fox, a few turkeys, racoon, ermine, coyotes, porkipine, are the ones I remember off hand and as I type this a small gray fox is on the deck eating breadcrumbs I put out for the birds.

I can't top the deer pics that are already posted, but I do have a shot of our biggest tomcat discussing issues with a local mouse. Looks like the mouse is doing all the talking, but it didn't end well for him.

This will be my first attachment (maybe) to the forum, so if you don't see what I said you'd see, I'll try again later.

Attachments

• DSCN1132.jpg
    DSCN1132.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 95
I've got pictures floating around somewhere of deer and turkeys in the yard, but this is probably the neatest critter we've had in the yard....................:D

4t6mns.jpg

This thread is shaping up like I'd hoped. I'm enjoying the great pics.:)

603Country said:
I do have a shot of our biggest tomcat

Thats a big 'ol tomcat and a neat pic. Its fine with me, the thread title says wild life. Also this is The Hunt sub-forum and Tom looks like a hunter to me.:)

So elk, caribou, elephants, swamp rabbits, blue jay fighting a squirrel, etc keep 'em coming its all good.

Alright 12Gauge, what is the back story on that picture? I don't believe that the Bison Bison roams freely in Virginia.

Great picture too by the way.

Actually in the front yard.....We have a corn feeder that the deer come to and we see a young bobcat ever so often down the hill.....I set a camera out and checked it a few days later....I was kinda surprised....

Attachments

• casper 056.jpg
    casper 056.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 109
  • casper 051.jpg
    casper 051.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Some of the local raptors

Attachments

• 4%20002.jpg
    4%20002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Freddy.jpg
    Freddy.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 82
  • whitey18.jpg
    whitey18.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 80
Wish I had my own pictures to add to this. A lot of really cool pictures here makes me want to sit outside more with my camera!

Back