Back to the reloading bench . . .

Prof Young

Today, for the first time since before labor day, I was back at the reloading bench. When Carol Ann passed back in Oct. it was hard to get motivated to do anything beyond what was needed. All things considered I'm doing pretty well and today I cleaned up the reloading bench and had at it.

Set up to do some 45 acp. Only glitch was getting my electronic scale and balance scale to agree. I like to make sure they agree, both show the same power weight, before I start. In this case I had to recalibrate the electronic scale twice and the balance scale once before I got them to agree.

It was very satisfying to see the finished loads.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to begin to recover.
My wife of 54 years died in 2019 and it took me about 6 months to begin to even consider returning to shooting and reloading.

I still miss her terribly and will never get over her loss, but family and friends have helped enormously.
Reach out to them and it will help you too.

Reloading and target shooting has become a chance to concentrate on something to keep me focused and trying to improve.

Glad to hear your back at the bench and doing as well as can be expected. There is something rewarding about the organization the order that can come from reloading and its immensely satisfying to finish a batch and box up a full box, or more.

Back