Back The Truck Up

Saltydog235

Sat last night in a stand that has only been a hog magnet all season. Fact of the matter is that is all that has been seen or killed on the stand. Its sort of why I went, either shoot a pig or a doe. Never thought that I have a nice buck come out in decent shooting light at that. We're supposed to be in the rut but this deer walked up and started feeding, tarsals are still light and he didn't stink. Weird weather, weird season.

Anyway, I have a rule on 10 point bucks, they get shot.

150grn Nolser CT Ballistic Tip to the high shoulder. Bang/Flop, back the truck up. Weighed in at 172lbs, respectable for a swamp donkey.

Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of my father's passing, I cannot help but think he was smiling down on me for this to happen.

IMG_20121024_201558.jpg

IMG_20121024_202828.jpg

Nice deer. I noticed a tag on the antler. So SC is still requiring tags on harvested deer? I thought they were going to drop that.

Nice buck Saltydog. It's nice when things work out that well. It looks like your having a great season.

The rut is just starting here and the deer are becoming a little more active. The next few weeks should be the prime part of the season.

Doyle, I am not positive but, I think that is a tag from the processor. We have to put tags bought from the state on does here if they are not killed on doe day or the club is using state herd management program doe tags. As far as I know no tags are needed on bucks.

That's a processor's tag. We only have to tag a doe if we take them on a day that isn't either sex which is usually weekdays from Oct 1 to Dec 31 as most Fri and Sat's are doe days.

Thanks, the club has been good to hunt so far. We have a 2 buck limit there so I am done on bucks out there. I have a big old, marsh goat over on my property I am going to try and get. He takes refuge over there from being pressured every day on surrounding property.

Beena good season of late, but surprisingly I haven't had a decent shot on a sookie all year. Heck I've seen 3X as many bucks as does this season.

Nice buck, Saltydog.

Couldn't help but notice that you're near Hemingway, SC.

A Fraternity Brother of mine is from up that way, hunts too. Small world.:)

Makin' my mouth water, just recently moved and don't know if i'll get the chance to bag one on my little five acres. They're here but we're heavily populated. Nice goin' on a dandy buck:D

Our season opens up on September 1 for rifle and extends to January 1 with doe days beginning around the first of October on weekends usually through the end of the season.

You can hunt with a rifle, bow, shotgun, crossbows, slingshots, dogs, trucks etc. Bowhunters can hunt on August 15 if they want to. Our season's are liberal and wide open as we have a lot of deer.

Thanks for all the compliments, its been a great season. I'm setting up a ground blind today or tomorrow so I can start taking my 4yo boy some. That should be interesting, I'm real serious and structured in my methods, patience will be a virtue.

I've always found the meat tastes the same no matter where my feet are when I drop the hammer.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Back