Back in Texas! What’s new with the carry laws?

rickyrick

After 8 years in a blue state, I’m finally back in Texas... that’s assuming I can find a house to buy. Bouncing from cheap hotel to cheap hotel until I find a house.

I’ve maintained my Texas LTC in my absence, but I know much has changed since my departure.

I forgot how luxurious the highways are, lol.

Welcome home!
Yeah, we have “permitless carry” now, both open & concealed.
I’m maintaining my LTC too, but mainly for ease in FFL transfers.

Good luck on finding a house to buy, as the market is absolutely crazy in the Austin area. Dunno if it is as bad in the other metros, but it might be easier to find something affordable in the rural towns.

Well, for the price I sold my tiny house in the PACNW I can buy two here.

The problem in the mean time is smuggling my cats into Motel6s until I can find something to close on.

Hopefully I can get a large enough lot to shoot in my backyard again.

When I left, all that Texas had was the expensive CHL, I was lucky and was one of the first to change my CHL over to a non-resident license.
At the time, firearms experts told me that Texas wouldn’t do a nonresident license, but maybe it worked because I already had one, if that makes sense.

Texas is a big state. Are you in the hot and humid Houston-like coastal area, the central dry-heat in summer, middlin-cold in winter Dallas-Waco-Austin-San Antonio area or way out in the forsaken West Texas area. (no offense to West Texas folk).

P.S. None 'er yer business is a legit response and I won't take offense.

I was lived my whole life in West Texas aside from my army years and when work takes me abroad.

Moved to Washington 8 years ago (vancouver) but decided to move back.

Now I want to live in Far East Texas, where I know I’ll sweat profusely. But my options are still open.

Hope you find a great place to light, Rick.

East Texas is still a huge area.

I, too, grew up in West Texas. Got married and moved south of Houston. Stayed 25 years and moved north of Wichita Falls.

Seen most of the State and it took a lifetime.

Good luck!
I am completely and totally envious of anybody able to get a piece of property where they can shoot whenever they want to. Hope you find yours. Current events in Minnesota seem to say you need to be rural or inner city to do it. /political rant off.

The high humidity thing makes me think of all the posts we've had here about using wax to preserve finishes.

Once again, good luck!

Found a 10acre place and are under contract. Problem is getting the guy to get his stuff out before move in date.
Don’t feel comfortable shooting on 10acres but I’ll find some recreational land somewhere later on... tired of the hotels :(

Back