baby eagle/Jerico vs. CZ-75's

mept

I always thought the the BE looked a little better than the CZ, but have not seen one in person. How would you compare the two. The BE seems to have longer slide rails like the Sig 210? is it more accurate, tighter? Weight? fit/ finish? Since they are the same price range, I am curious which one I will buy assuming the government sends me a gift of money this year.

I've shot both but don't own both. (I have had a CZ-75B and now have a CZ-85 Combat...)

I think the CZ comes with a better trigger, and a slightly better feel in the hand. (But that's very subjective, and an BE might feel better in your hand.)

They're both based on the same design, and you'd probably not go wrong buying either.

Both use the slide inside the frame method, and the BE does have a slightly longer dust cover; I doubt that the difference in slide dust cover length makes much difference in accuracy, as my CZ-75 is just about as accurate as my SIG P-210 out to 20 yards. (Beyond 20 yards, the P-210 will eat its lunch; my P-210 came with a sub 1" group 50 meter proof target.)

A friend of mine has the BE and has very good luck with it.It is a very nice gun.From everything i've read the CZ is also very nice.You probably would not go wrong with either.:)

I own a newer BE (manufactured 1/2000), and a military CZ-75B in polymer finish. The BE is a few ounces heavier, has a full length frame, and polygonal rifling. The BE has a slide mounted decocker/safety (like Beretta's), while the CZ "B" model has a frame mounted safety w/o decocker. To decock the CZ, you must manually drop the hammer. Buy the "BD" model of CZ if you want a decocker.

I like both guns very much, but have found the Eagle to be slightly more accurate, and more comfortable to shoot. In fact, the Eagle is quickly becoming my favorite "shooter". I still think the CZ is a great gun, and I hope to add a CZ-75BD (nickel), CZ-83, and CZ-97 to my collection, sometime in the future.

You really can't go wrong with either gun, but personally, I give the Eagle a slight edge.

Back