Baby Eagle controls?

Species1951

Inactive
Have been looking at the standard size Baby Eagle and can't tell from the catalog if these pistols have ambidextrous
controls or not.I hope they don't,can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks folks.
John

Hello,

I just bought one, but I sent it out for a trigger job, so I don't have it in front of me. From what I remember, the safety/decocker is ambidextrus [sp?], but the slide release and mag release aren't. The slide release is EXCELLENT, if you are right handed. I can release the slide after inserting a new magazine with one hand and not 'twist' the pistol so my thumb can depress it. Great pointer and feels wonderful in my hand. I sent it in as my pistol [full sized baby eagle 9mm] had a very gritty da pull. As they install it, I am having Meprolight night sights installed. When I get it back, I'll let you know for certain about safeties: and I'll tell you how I like it from range-work.

jason

Depends

If you're looking to get one with the frame mounted controls they're not ambi. The ones with the slide mounted controls have an ambi safety.

From what I have read, almost all of the new ones imported through Magnum Research are slide mounted. I know the owners manuel lists the parts diagram for the frame mounted, but have no clue how common they are now. I also know that the Baby Eagle is the IMI Jericho as well, sometimes listed as Uzi Eagle on older ones. If you happen to live in California, only the slide mounted ones have been approved for sale, and only in full sized 40, full sized 45 and both full/compact 9. just FYI
jason

Back