B-Square Screwdriver Sets Any Good ???

Guyon

The subject title says it all.

On an impulse, I ordered one of the above sets at a good price and am just wondering what to expect. Will I be throwing them away soon and calling Brownells?

------------------
Guyon
NRA, GOA, & TFA Member
Vote for your rights!!!

You won't be throwing away the bits necessarily, but I found that the handle wore out pretty quickly in regular use. I still use mine sometimes but I went out and bought another bit driver. The problem is that the metal part and plastic part are not secured very well. This results in slippage. The bits are all still going strong save for the smallest flat-head. I've owned mine for three years. My opinion... I should have bought from Brownells but your money wasn't really wasted.

The handles work loose pretty darn fast. I took the caps off mine and filled the cavity with epoxy putty. Mine got so loose, that I could push the shaft into the handle. Then the epoxy putty holds the shaft from turning. That was my fix on the problem.
Paul B.

b-cubedsent me a replacement driver for the one i had less than a week before it crapped out. and the 2nd one lasted almost as long.
picked up one of those 4-in-1 screw drivers (you know the phillips on one side and flat on the other) from local hardware store for a few bucks, and it has lasted many times over the 2 b-square ones.
i also found in the clearance bin at ace hdwre. a screwdriver set for $8. that has more bits than the b-s one and the handle is still in one piece!

I have one of the B-Square screwdriver sets, and so far I haven't had any problems with it. I don't use it constantly, but the bits seem pretty decent, and the handles are a dime a dozen anyway. I must have half a dozen similar handles if this one does go south... :)

Back