B C Miroku Chas Daly/Browning Citori

skua44

Inactive
I have a B C Miroku mod 800 Chas Daly and need a buttstock and hardware. Have not been able to scare one up anywhere. An old friend who owns a gunshop told me that a Miroku made Br. Citori has the identical buttstock. Do any of you esteemed gentlemen/ladies know if this is true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Browning O/U's ---made by Miroku -- have gone thru a lot of different stock configurations since the 1970's or so when Miroku started making Brownings...so I don't know how you'd be able to tell which one might fit...

You'd almost have to have the Browning Citori stock ...and be able to check the fit - on the receiver in person / or it would be a crapshoot on whether it would fit or not without some modification.

Today - there are at least 29 derivations of the Browning Citori model...and I've never tried to fit one of my stocks from one model ...to another model...so I don't know if they're all cut the same or not / but I suspect they're different....internally where they fit the receiver ( not externally )...where the tang on top might be a little different, maybe even the internal dimensions inside the receiver and how the wood fits the metal - so it locks down tight with the stock bolt....

You might try calling Art's gun shop in Missouri - all ex-Browning gunsmiths and the factory repair center for a lot of work - if they don't have something, they might at least know where to go next

Thanks Guys. I was pretty sure there was not an easy answer. I tried a Belgium superposed stock and, with a little work, it could probably be retrofitted. But, there's always a but, removing enough wood to accomodate the Daly action would likely leave the stock weakened. I will check Art's and maybe somebody can head me in the right direction. Thanks for your help.

Back