Average Price of H&K .40 S&W Compact

Hank Smith

Hello all. Well I am only days away from purchasing a H&K .40 S&W Compact. Have gotten two prices, one for $660.00 and one for $680.00. Are these average prices for this particular handgun? Just a note I live in New York, not NYC, in the good old suburbs. Thanks for any info. I will give the forum an update once I get it and try it out.

Hank

Recently in the Phoenix area, I have seen them for smack dab in the middle at $670, HE finish.

ACTUALLY, http://www.calssportingarmory.com/HK.htm has them for $615, the best deal I've seen in a while. Plus, they are an HK authorized dealer - if you don't buy the pistol from an authorized dealer, the warranty is supposedly null... something to think about. Good luck, I've heard that these are excellent pistols.

My new in the box HK USP40c cost me $649 three weeks ago in Evansville, Indiana. Black slide, spare magazine, lock, plastic box, and manual included.

I never liked the 40 S&W round when I shot it out of my Ruger or my Smith & Wesson (or when I shot a buddy's .40 cal Glock 23).

I love the 40 out of the compact HK USP. The others all wanted to twist in my hand--maybe it is the way I hold a pistol, maybe it's the ammo, maybe it's something else. Whatever.

This little HK stays true to the target, recoil is brisk but no problem--it handles like my 9mm Sig shooting Speer Gold Dots--and it doesn't fatigue my palm and wrists to shoot a hundred rounds through it. I'm sold.

I paid $635 for mine a year and a half ago. I have seen them go all the way up to $695, and $500 for used (at a gun show). They certainly aren't cheap.

Semper Fi-
JJC

The HK, while good does not merit a $700.00 price tag. No Polymer pistol is worth that. Does anyone realize how much it costs to injection mold parts after the mold is paid for. I refuse to pay that for a polymer pistol. It's highway robbery. I can get a Glock that will last just as long, if not longer for $200.00 less.

I was looking at that pistol too. Decided on a Sig P226 .40S&W...also a sweet-shooter. I got my polymer fix when I got an almost-new Ruger P97 (.45 ACP) for $230 at Auction Arms. Best $230 I ever spent.

Back