Average cost to shoot an IDPA match

USNavy_233

I've never shot an IDPA compitetion and I was wondering what the average cost for a match runs. Taking into account, match fees, ammo, etc. Thanks
Walt

Entry fees for club shoots around here are $10, too.
Ammo cost is up to the shooter; most matches run between 50 and 100 scored hits.

$15 match fee for public, $10 for club members. You must be an IDPA member to compete, and that's $35/year. Factory ammo runs $5-$15 a box, and our matches are usually about 70 rounds. Double tall, split-shot, non-fat latte goes for about $2.50. Burgers and beers with The Boys, after the match, usually runs about $20.

Not sure about your club but at mine you don't have to be an IPDA member to compete, but your scores don't count towards classification if you are not.

A lot of clubs actually let you shoot your first time for free, I guess get 'em to come once and have fun, get 'em to come back and pay to have more fun! ;)

IDPA requires that any affiliated club demand that you join after shooting one match. They don't have any way to police it that I know of - stool pigeons, maybe - but that is a condition of affiliation with the parent organization.

IDPA does not classify based on match scores, they have one specific classification course of fire - that most people hate, so it is seldom done except for new shooters or upon request by someone wanting to get promoted.

USPSA/IPSC has a book of classification stages and will run at least one every match.

Back