• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Autorefresh/last poster named

Satanta

I've noticed on this board that if I or someone else posts, then I leave and come back-even tho two or three others might have posted, it always shows the last post I made or read...I have to refresh the page to see the next ones. Also, it's kind of annoying to post something then be taken back to the same page-how about taking back to the forum in which we are in after the post?

Another thought-under the space where it shows the last time/date the thread was posted on...how about the name of the last person posting to that topic as well? Helps save some hassles if you know who posted and it's still the same person, instead of having to open and then reload the thread to check it out. :)

Nice board BTW.

------------------
Satanta, the Whitebear
Sat's Realm: http://SatantasRealm.tripod.com/Entrypage/entrypage.html

My Disability petition: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/DisbHelp/petition.html

I had the same problem with the new post not showing. I discovered it was the way my internet preference were set and not the site. If you change your preferences to up date with each visit to the page it will then show the new post without having to refresh.
As far as being taken back to the forum and showing the last person posting I suspect that is part of the server. If so let's just be thankful that Rich has now provided us with a server that is working. (I probably should not have said that and risked jinxing us. ;))

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Back