Auto .308s: VEPR vs. DSA FAL vs. Expeditionary rifle in .308 (if made)

Futo Inu

My top options for semi-auto .308. Advantages & disadvantages? [Assume the Expeditionary rifle will accept FAL mags or M1A mags, one or the other.]

I'd think Robinson Arms would have to do something to strengthen the M96 receiver in order to shoot 7.62x51. Oh yeah, never assume anything.

Of those you list, the FAL is the way to go.

If anyone is sure that the expeditionary rifle comes in .308 let me know. I don't think they do. The Vepr is an outstanding rifle, but go with the FAL. The reason I say this is because you can get hi-caps at a good price, and they are very abundant.

The Vepr is accurate, reliable, and rugged, but no hi-caps! If they had made it to work with a known hi-cap, I would have me a battle rifle.

------------------
"Vote with a Bullet."

i find the 10 round VEPR mag big enough, in fact i can only use the 5 rounders in my bench rest. What does a 30 round FAL mag weigh when fully loaded?

dZ

Don't know the weight of a fully loaded 30 round FAL mag but they are heavy. 30 round mags tend to be rather expensive also. They usually run around $60 on up for one as opposed to under $10 for the 20 round version (in aluminuim or steel).

Back