Authenticating a Beholla

gonzogeezer

Hello!

I have found three examples of what is obviously a Menta/Beholla style 7.65mm whose only markings are the four digit serial number stamped on left slide and frame, and C/N stamped on right slide and frame. No maker marks, no Imperial acceptance. Seemingly rubber grips with an oval design on top but no monogram. One was in Poland, 62xx; one in Czech Rep., 20xx; and one here in the US, 30xx Im considering buying the one in the US.

I can’t decide if these pistols are Menta or Beholla or what. Thoughts?

Thanks.
-gonzo
853da2ebc56a676d8a18fd778234ea1c.jpg

14fba2938edb7891abff47fcee181b92.jpg

078a07f2f66f38646363281eeb527bae.jpg

I'd say the top and bottom are Menta's. I've not seen any pics of Beholla's with those grips. The top right is a Menta.

g4bo0ANl.jpg

I'd say the top and bottom are Menta's. I've not seen any pics of Beholla's with those grips. The top right is a Menta.

I haven’t seen any Menta or Beholla with serial numbers stamped on both slide and frame except these three. They’re always on the frame only, like yours. And I see the Menta Kal 7.65 stamp on yours as well. These are totally unmarked.

They look real, not some off-the-wall Spanish or Chinese copies, and those are one of the grip styles Menta used. And Ed Buffaloe wrote that Menz made the pistols before Becker & Holländer started to. So maybe they are Menta.

Back