Australian Destruction

Woah, buddy... this thing is a bonafied space-rifle. It's a "Metal Storm" 40mm grenage launcher strapped on top of a Steyr AUG.

What's up with these newfangled experimental rifles? I have been hearing about our rifle project with the programable-fuse 25mm projectiles for awhile now, and apparently the Australians are going down a simmilar path...

When are these things going to adopted and put to use, if ever?

aicwVX3-2005.jpg

By 'Metal Storm' grenade launcher, does that mean that there's several grenades loaded end to end in the tube? What a FUGLY rifle...

Yep, it's a tube with the loads of projectiles and propellant stacked on top of each other. I think you reload it by sliding in another tube chock full of boom.

I like the way it looks :)

It reminds me of a bad caracature...The relation of the size of the scope, to the grenade launcher barrel, to the rifle barrel, to the buttstock. Like a reeaaal bad caracature. You'd think that one of the companies could send some specs to a design firm and make something a little more attractive as well as functional.

It reminds me of a bad caracature...
I bet some of the bulk is due to the MetalStorm electronics and power supply. This is probably just a prototype to see if things even have a shot at working together.

Not sure i'd want to trust a new technology like MetalStorm with the grenade launcher, though. Having a few 40mm grenades in a powder sandwich seems like a ticket to a first-class headache.

I seem to recall that the charge required is rather small...and electronics can always be made smaller.

Introducing, the metal storm "widowmaker"...Would anyone here wanna test her out?

Back