Austin, Texas gun show

Jeff OTMG

I will be attending the gun show in Austin Saturday and Sunday trying to get enough signatures to put me on the ballot as a candidate for the congressional seat in the 10th district. Let's get Lloyd Doggett out of there. Stop by and say hi, see the ponytail while I still have it, and sign the petition. Hope to see some of you there!

Hey. I was at the gunshow this morning (Sunday, from about 9-10:15 am). Afraid I didn't see you there. Will you be making an appearance anywhere else? I did however find a volunteer from the Republican party who was passing out literature and voting applications. I told him about your post here. Maybe he'll get in contact with you. Whatever happens, we need some competition against Doggett.

Later,
Jason

Sorry I missed you. I was there about 11:15 till close. I did meet a Rep. precinct chairman and a lobbyist at the state capital. I have been invited to speak to the Austin Rifle Club board of directors meeting, so that I may attend the regular monthly meeting of the club. I was also invited to the Texas Motorcylce Riders Association meeting. I am to contact the Young Republicans at the area colleges and universities this week for support also. Made contacts with members of the Austin Police Department and the Travis County Sheriffs Dept. who are going to help me get agency endorsements. I also met the guy, who now lives in Houston but is thinking of moving to Austin, who ran Sen Joe Biden's campaign in De. when he beat a three term Senatorial incumbent. If he comes to town he has agreed to help out. He loves a good scrap, doesn't he doesn't do it for the issues, he likes to play the power game. Suzanne Gratia-Hupp (she is a state rep whose parents were killed at the Luby's cafeteria shooting in Killeen and was instrumental in getting the Texas CHL legislation passed) has her own radio program on KJFK radio for two hours each day, I hope to meet with her and maybe get a little air time. I got over 100 more signatures at the show for my petition and things seem to be moving along well considering the election is 13 months away.

Jeff, be sure to contact the Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA) and let them know of your intentions. They may be able to help you in one way or another.

ON a side note, does anyone remember the TV personality "Harold Gunn"? Short fat man with a fast talking, nice soundung voice. He's a member of the "Houston Gun Collectors Accos. (HGCA)and at the meeting last week he announced he would be running for Texas State Congressional district 137 (I think).

A great guy to have in office.

Good luck to you Jeff.

CMOS

CMOS, I have been contacted by Stephen Camp a retire LEO and director of TSRA LE division. I am going to receive a questionaire on gun issues, preliminary indications are that I am an easy A. Don't get to be an A+ until I get in office and have the opportunity to sponsor or co-sponsor legislation that would repeal some executive orders and portions of NFA '34 and GCA '68. After all, don't we all believe in reasonable gun control? I firmly believe that all firearms should have unique serial numbers. That is reasonable to me.

I misunderstood your first post. I thought you were trying for a "state" congressional position. Now I see that you are referring to federal. Good luck, we need more of "us" up there in DC.

CMOS

Back