Aussie gun buyback in action ?

• Thread starter Thread starter HS
  • Start date Start date

HS

Todays Sunday Mail

The Officer in charge of the Queensland Police Armoury has resigned after being convicted of stealing rifles, ammo & capsicum spray.
Operation Tuskar snared both him & the head of the Ipswich gun buyback scheme.
Snr-Const Kevin "Tex" Morton, once ranked as the 5th-best Police marksman in Australia, pleaded guilty to 4 counts of stealing as a servant.
One rifle, a Zavodi Crevna Zastava was an old police exhibit.
The other a Parker Hale 22 .25, a box of Win. 10mm ammo & a can of capsicum spray all of which were handed in during the buyback.
He was convicted & recieved an order of 240hrs community service.
Because he was not convicted under the Weapons Act, he can continue to maintain & use weapons for recreational purposes.
Police spokesman Brian Swift said because Mr Morton had resigned, he could leave with full pay & entitlements.
Alan Jeffrey Wright, a contracted civilian in charge of the Ipswich buyback office, was convicted of stealing 66 rifles(plus other firearm offences) & sentanced to 12mths jail.
Wrights 2 accomplances were fined $600 & $900 but no convictions recorded.Another person was fined $600 for stealing 2 bayonets.
Hmm....
One rule for "them" & one for "us" ? :(

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

That's better than the town of Mesilla, NM where the town Marshal and his son were indicted for pimping and cocaine trafficking.
It's basically the laugh of the week.

This story again put stain on the khaki uniform and shining badge.

I thought, things like this will only happen in the 3rd world countries... it is not!!!

A congressman in my Country Named "De Guzman of Nueva Ecija - northern Phils." was convicted too in trying to smuggled in hundreds of "IMI make UZI's" from US using his immunity but unluckily although the country is full of crooks there were those who thinks good also -- thus the rest of his life was spend in prison.

Big questions also, in my country the civilians are not authorized to license M14 or M16 but you can see these on their hands, where does it came from. Maybe the answer it might have been the same story of what was posted by HS.

Thanks

Back