Aussie Copper Sidewinders?

AKolomiets

Inactive
Any experience with ACP sidewinder bullets? How do they stack up against Barnes and Hornady GMX as far as accuracy and performance on game?

Never heard of them, had to look them up. Appears they are sold in Australia (hence the name). So, unless you are in Australia, why worry about a bullet you may never see? But just to stir things up a bit, their site says they are solid copper, like Barnes X or Hornady GMX bullets (let alone that Hornady has NEVER used solid copper because of fouling problems with solid copper). They are grooved like Barnes TSX bullets to reduce fouling. If you want a solid bullet, why not try one of the local brands?

I’ve been hearing about people using them - apparently they’re CNC machined and fairly accurate. I have no problem with Hornady or Barnes, just curious if anyone has hunting experience with them

I'm waiting for someone else to be the early adopter...

My rifles like barnes bullets (via Vortex and Federal) and I'm happy so far. I'd be curious to know how they work out in the field.

I have 9 shots and 9 deer down with the Cutting Edge bullets in 3 different rifles.

The long range guys love them for their terminal performance.

There are various references with pictures of downed game on the web site.

I like to try some of those Cutting Edge bullets but at that price it'll be awhile. Their handgun bullets are of more interest to me than their rifle bullets but those look good too...

Tony

Back