Attn: Dan Wesson owners!

dwesson445

All--

It just occurred to me that there's no reason DW couldn't offer 16+" barrels to use on our revolvers in combination with a buttstock just like a Contender... The grips attach with a screw, so a buttstock should be easy! I'd LOVE a carbine barrel on my 445. Does anyone know if DW has ever done such a thing? Any other shops make this barrel that anyone knows of? Should we notify DW of this thread and hope they make a run?

Can't stay--gotta go start saving money!!!

Hmmmm.......rifle.....forearm. Non trigger hand supporting gun from somewhere ahead of cylinder.

Don't shoot it while wearing white shirt or any color of polyester. Side blast would maby keep unwanted arm hair trimmed tho.

Sam

DWesson,

They made a 15" barrel for the early DW revolvers, and in fact I just shot one in .357 magnum a few months ago. That one wasn't very accurate, but I understand they were popular for silhouette matches at one time?

Being just a long barrel handgun, there is no fore end grip as such. That was probably a detriment to accuracy, as bench resting a long barrel with no precise bedding point, could be a problem. Consider that the resting (support) point can effect barrel resonance, and getting the same resting point twice in a row from a sandbag or other rest, is not easy.

Sam's right, wear old shirts when shooting that baby! :D

Bill

Forearm? I've always been one of the crowd that believes a hand in front of the cylinder is a very bad idea....Dan in GA

Interesting idea, BUT...

I have .357 and .44 Dan Wessons... and love them dearly, but, DAMN do they throw fire between the cylinder and barrel (and yes, they are correctly adjusted, with a factory feeler guage...)

I wouldn't want MY arm up front! NO WAY!

but then again, powder burns are not fun for me!

HOWEVER, it COULD be fun to thy, if you rested the front of the rfame on a padded rest, and shot it 1 armed... (though not good for accuracy)

All in all, I'll pass though...

Made a buttstock for a DW when I was 15. (8" barrel)
It was very cool.
My dad wanted to use it for deer hunting.
Fish and Game said it was now a semi-auto rifle. Illegal in Pennsylvania. (Every time the hammer falls on a cartrige.)
It was fun on the range but that was all. Almost makes you want to drive to a state that would allow you to use it.
By the way... When you shoot these beasts, it's a double handed grip or support style. Never shoot with a hand ahead of the cylinder.
I miss those days... 15 years old... A whole lot of imagination...
and a whole lot of guns and ammo to play with.
God Bless America!

Back